If the honour has fallen to you to arrange a beloved friends’ bachelorette party, you will no doubt be taking this responsibility seriously. After-all; excluding the wedding ceremony, the bachelorette party is one of the most important and memorable occasions in a woman’s life.
If part of your bachelorette party includes a cosy night in, with fun games and entertainment you will no doubt be keen to find some party entertainment with that added touch of class and originality. In that case, we would recommend an original British-style Murder Mystery Game!
A Murder Mystery game is a role playing game, in which all the participants are assigned a fun character and a role to play in an exciting murder mystery. You can buy murder mystery games online in the U.S from Murder Mystery Games, which is a perfect option, particularly if you have to travel to your party location and don’t want to add too much weight to your luggage. Each game contains a full murder mystery story with detailed characters and assigned roles, plus party and costume tips.
Depending on the size of your bachelorette party group, Murder Mystery Games have a range of different games for you to choose from, and we particularly loved the 1920’s style “The Final Curtain” game, at only $37.99, which is designed for 7 to 14 players. The Final Curtain takes place in a fictional theatre, where the leading actor has met a mysterious end!
We think this game would be a perfect and fitting evening entertainment for a group of bachelorettes, what with all the glamour; feather boas and elegant cigarette holders of the 1920’s flapper-girl style. Oh, and pearls too! Lace and pearls and feather boas. Sounds like a fun night in with the girls.
If you really want to go to town on this, here’s a few tips on how to get into the genre and what props you might need:
- Read-up on detective novels such as the Poirot series by Agatha Christie to give a flavour of the era
- Monocles, walking canes, traditional umbrella’s and fake moustaches are an absolute must for male characters
- Fake fur stoles, pearls, feather boas, stockings and bright red lips for female characters (think Coco Chanel!)
- Old leather-bound books, lace shawls and parchment paper (or baking paper) make perfect general props
- Also, though you might be spending an evening of 1920′s murder mystery nostalgia there’s also a few modern-world comforts you mustn’t forget, to make this the perfect bachelorette party.
- A camera. Will the bride to forgive you if you forget this?
- Party food and drinks to keep all your actors and actresses suitably refreshed
- Don’t forget to take your script!
One final word of advice; if you have hired a cottage or holiday home for your bachelorette weekend, do phone ahead and check how the power, heating and lighting is supplied. In any case it always pays to bring along a couple of spare torches, warm blankets and high energy food supplies, then nothing can stop your party plans!
So, what could be more fun than playing your own murder mystery party game with all your bachelorettes, dressed up to the nines and in hilarious farcical roles? Of course, the only challenge is to work out which one of your party is the villain!